Appointments and Drop-Ins
Our professional advising team can be thought partners to help you think about steps you can take to begin or continue your career development process.
- Via Handshake, once logged in, click “Career Center” in the top navigation menu and then “Appointment” to find a time and date that works for you.
- Email the Loeb Center at email@example.com or stop by College Hall and our team will be happy to assist you with scheduling.
- NEW! Becca Tishler, Assistant Director, Careers in Health Professions, will be holding one-on-one appointments in the Science Center Study Room C201.
- Sherry Gomez, Assistant Director for Early Career Exploration — Mondays, 1:30 – 3:30 PM in the Loeb Center
- Carolyn Margolin, Program Director, Careers in Science and Technology — Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2-4pm in the Science Center Living Room beginning mid-September
- Emily Tareila, Program Director, Charles Hamilton Houston Internship Program — Fridays, 1:00 – 3:00 PM in Frost Library
- Emily Kang ’24, Meiklejohn Fellows Program Ambassador — Mondays, 11:00am – 1:00pm in Class & Access Resource Center (CARC)
- Aaron Holton ’25, Meiklejohn Fellows Program Ambassador — Wednesdays, 10:00 – Noon in CARC
- Resume Review Drop-In Clinics are Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:00pm in Webster 102.
Notary Services Available at the Loeb Center
Available at no cost to you.
Email Marcela Murillo Robinson to schedule an appointment.
How to prepare for your notary appointment:
- Please don’t sign or date the document (documents must be signed and dated in the presence of a Notary)
- Make sure you have all the pages of the document(s) being signed, not just the signature page
- Bring a valid, government-issued photo ID (issued driver’s license or ID, green card, or passport)
Peer Career Advisor Appointments
Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) are Amherst students trained by the Loeb Center to help fellow Amherst students during individual 20-minute appointments during the academic year. PCAs can assist you with professional documents, including resumes and cover letters.
- Via Handshake, once logged in, click “Career Center” in the top navigation menu and then “Appointment”.
- Choose “Peer Career Advisor (PCA) Resume and Cover Letter Review Appointments” to find a date/time that works for you.
OR meet with a PCA at their Resume Review Drop-in Clinics. Weekly drop-in clinics run each semester (There are no clinics during breaks or observed holidays).
- See available drop-in clinic dates and locations below.
Need help with your resume or cover letter? Make an appointment with a Peer Career Advisor (PCA) on Handshake!
2:00 – 4:00pm
10:00am – Noon
2:00 – 4:00pm
Loeb Clothing Closet
Aaron Holton, Meiklejohn Fellows Program Ambassador — Mondays, 9:00 – 11:00am
Emily Kang, Meiklejohn Fellows Program Ambassador — Thursdays, 2:00 – 4:00pm