What’s the ultimate sophomore life hack? Sophomore Summit!
Give us three days of your winter break, and we will level up your social and alumni networks, help you build a career roadmap that will take you to graduation and beyond, and get you ready to crush your summer internship search. Because you can only binge-watch so much Netflix this winter.
- Storytelling with confidence in the job search: resumes, cover letters and interview prep
- Creative exercises led by Loeb Center staff that help you customize a career development action plan
- Deep dives into different industry-specific areas, facilitated by Loeb advisors and Amherst alumni
- Advice about future trends in employment – and how to “futureproof” your career – from experts on the front lines
- Professional headshot pictures for your LinkedIn profile
- Just-in-time info about study away opportunities for junior year
- Advising about post-grad fellowship opportunities, and how you can start preparing now
- Themed dinners, sophomore-only social events, and really good swag
- Open to all current sophomores with an expected graduation date of 2026 or 2026e in good academic standing
- Students must be available all three days of the summit
- Participants must be enrolled in the College
- Participants must not be on a leave of absence during the Spring Semester
Housing and Meals
- Sophomore Summit attendees will be authorized to move back to campus on Tuesday, January 23, 2024. Students requiring additional arrangements must contact the Office of Student Affairs
- Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements
- All meals will be provided between Tuesday, January 23 and Friday, January 26, 2024
- Please indicate any special accommodations or dietary restrictions when registering
January 24- 26, 2024. Please use your amherst.edu email to sign up, registration is open.
Seats will be limited to the first 100 sophomore student registrants, and registration will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students must commit to attend all three days of the summit to reserve their seat.
If you should have any trouble registering via WHOVA, our Sophomore Summit event app, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.