Amherst College students can access the Clothing Closet, where they can borrow professional attire to look and feel their best for interviews, networking events, career treks and conferences, etc.
Use of Closet Guidelines:
- AC students may access the Clothing Closet by appointment only. Appointments (30-min each) are available in Handshake and occur during business hours (no weekend access).
- Students with no overdue clothing may check out up to four pieces of clothing at a time. Items may be kept for up to seven days, and may be returned any time during normal business hours (Monday – Friday; 8:30 am-4:30pm).
- Requests made less than 24 hours may not be accommodated. Items are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and items available depend on donations that are received.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
- To schedule an appointment in Handshake, log in using your AC credentials.
- From the Career Center drop-down menu, select Appointments. Select Schedule New Appointment, then choose the “Clothing Closet” appointment category. Select a time that works for your schedule. You’ll be asked to answer a few questions about what you’re looking for, which will help us make sure we have the range of items and sizes available.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Clothing Closet is by appointment only.
Please schedule an appointment on Handshake with one of our Meiklejohn Fellows Peer Ambassadors. Their availabilities are as follows:
Aaron Holton, Meiklejohn Fellows Peer Ambassador — Mondays, 9:00 – 11:00am
Emily Kang, Meiklejohn Fellows Peer Ambassador — Thursdays, 2:00 – 4:00pm
If none of the available time slots work for you, please fill out the Clothing Closet Appointment form.