Houston Program Requirements
Students may participate in any of the Houston Program workshops, clinics, or events. However, a student must fulfill the following requirements to submit a request for a Houston Program internship stipend:
- Attend at least one Houston Program sponsored workshop
- Complete at least one resume review appointment with either a Peer Career Advisor or Loeb Center advisor. *Please note that a resume that complies with the Loeb Center Resume Review Checklist is a required funding application material. Students are strongly encouraged to continue working with an advisor to ensure their resume fulfills all items on the checklist.
*Sophomores who participate in the Loeb Center’s Sophomore Summit (January 24, 25, & 26, 2024) will fulfill all requirements for Houston Program funding
FALL 2023 HOUSTON PROGRAM-SPONSORED WORKSHOPS
- Introduction to Resume Building
- October 17, 2023 @ 5:30 PM
- November 28, 2023 @ 5:30 PM
- Introduction to Cover Letter Writing
- November 1, 2023 @ 5:30 PM
- December 7, 2023 @ 5:30 PM
- Your Summer Internship Search: How to Make a Plan Before Winter Break
- November 14, 2023 @ 5:00 PM
- November 29, 2023 @ 5:00 PM
- December 5, 2023 @ 5:00 PM
Please register for all workshops in Handshake.
Can’t make it to one of the above sessions? More workshops will be available in the Spring 2024 semester.
FALL 2023 DROP-IN CLINICS & APPOINTMENTS
Students who aren’t available for a one-on-one appointment with an advisor or are seeking additional assistance with resume reviews, may attend one of the following clinics. Appointments are not needed. Advisors meet with students on a first come, first serve basis.
- PCA-led Resume Review Drop In Clinics –– Wednesdays, 6:30 – 8:00 PM in Webster 102
- Drop In Appointments with Emily Tareila, Houston Program Director — Fridays, 1:00 – 3:00 PM in Frost Library
- Drop In Appointments with Sherry Gomez, Assistant Director for Early Career Exploration — Mondays, 1:30 – 3:30 PM in the Loeb Center (begin on October 16)