Rosenberg Senior Grant
The Rosenberg Senior Grant deadline has been extended to Wednesday, May 24, 2023.
The grant is only applicable to graduating seniors and the most recent graduating senior class.
The Rosenberg Senior Grant is offered to graduating seniors and recent alumni who choose to enter the government or nonprofit sector of the workforce upon, or soon after, graduation. The value of public service to the general welfare of society has numerous benefits that the Rosenberg Senior Grant seeks to encourage.
Applicants will be eligible for a stipend of $2,000, intended to defray costs associated with relocating and starting a first job after graduation at a government agency or 501(c)(3) organization. Prospective domestic and international seniors, or members of the most recent graduated class, will demonstrate their acceptance of a government or nonprofit job offer, upon which the grant will be issued.
Aspirants are required to submit an online application that includes responding to a series of prompts demonstrating their interest in government and nonprofit employment, and the submission of a current resume. Grantees will be selected by a staff committee within the Loeb Center for Career Exploration and Planning.
- Why did you decide to pursue employment in government and/or nonprofits?
- What does public service for both the individual citizen and greater good of society mean for you?
- Summarize in a paragraph the impact you hope to leave upon completion of your career in government and nonprofits.
Pick and answer one of the following two questions:
- A vocal member of a political party that you fundamentally oppose comes to your place of government or nonprofit employment and requests your help. In your role as a bureaucrat, public servant or community-based organizer, how would you respond?
- Write a 100-word brief on a current sociopolitical (government) policy issue of your choice, and provide one solution.
For questions about the grant or support, please contact Micah Owino, program director for Careers in Social Impact at the Loeb Center for Career Exploration and Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the link below to apply to the Rosenberg Senior Grant. The NEW application deadline is Wednesday, May 24.