The Education Trek offers Amherst College sophomores, juniors, and seniors the opportunity to explore curriculum design, instruction, leadership, and education policy through site visits to schools, museums, think tanks, and universities.We will also investigate how public-private partnerships and innovative pedagogies have contributed to Canada’s emergence as an educational leader in international assessment rankings.
As part of a small, select group of students, you will join our first international Ed Trek to Toronto, Canada from March 11-17, 2023, for an immersive week of site visits and conversations with Amherst alumni who teach, research, and lead school and community change.
Students selected for this trek will:
• explore the how targeted policy directives are improving student learning of STEM, innovation, and health.
• learn more about Canada’s increase of teacher autonomy as well as their reform efforts with indigenous and migrant education.
• make connections with employers, alumni, and friends of the College.
• hone effective internship and job search skills, including networking and interviewing.
• gain exposure to the key trends, issues, challenges, and opportunities in the industry.
Because of the generosity of Chris Dorrance ’68 and Loeb Center sponsorship, we are able to offer this program at no cost to students.